Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Justify

I'm not exactly sure how these things work, nor have I been an active participant in the blogger hysteria that has swept the world wide web in the past few years, but I thought this would be a convenient way for me to communicate and interact with you guys (by guys, I mean my friends and acquaintances) and to create a forum where our ideas and experiences could be shared. I've always been somewhat ambivalent about things like this - on the one hand is the introverted me, who likes to keep a nice wall between myself and the outside world, and on the other is the me who sucks up attention like no other (even more so than Ellen). So, bear with me and lets try to make this work. Of course, for all I know, this could simply turn into an online diary for myself with all of about one reader...

Anyway, lets see how it goes. There will be a farewell posting soon...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

now that you're not yet gone, i'd like to be the first of one to respond. of course, there is nothing to respond to yet and i only chimed in to say 'ay, ay' to the idea of keeping up such communication. may this forum become exactly the kind of medium that will draw people together. roman, we will miss you, but will also live vicariously through you. so be our little savior and send us a note here and there. say hi to murkami (and your mom) for me.

Anonymous said...

Nice. This was a really good idea. May a suggest a picture phone while you're in japan. The picture quality isn't great but it's easy to email photos to yourself and then post them on here. It would be a great way for us to keep up with you.

Anonymous said...

right on dude. i tried to have a blog but i dropped the idea after 4 posts. you can see this on www.pritzker.ws. Maybe I just had nothing to say. Hopefully you will do better on that front

Anonymous said...

first of all, I want to complain about not being able to tell who's responding to your blog - people, use clearer nicknames, damnit! Now that I got that out of the way, I wish you a nice flight and an interesting year in the country of the rising sun. Good luck teaching English to (can I use racial slurs on this website?) you know who..

Anonymous said...

Roma,
If only it were so easy to leave words that meant all the things I wish to say to you before you go. Since its not, "good luck" and "I'll miss you" will have to sufice.
I'm proud.
I'm jealous.
and I'm so very happy for you...no really its not sarcasm.

Oh...and if you don't keep in touch, I'll have to come find you and kick your ass.